Acquisition profile of FID Study of Religion
The profile for the acquisitions, mainly for monographs and anthologies, is based on the classification scheme of 'Science of Religion'.
Scientific literature on the following categories published main Western European languages, but - on request - also in lesser known languages is acquired by FID Religionswissenschaft.
Method and theory
- History of the Study of Religion
- History of religion, Sociology of R, Psychology of R., etc.
- Method, definition
- Theory, Philosophy of Religion
- Comparative studies
- Comparative literature on religions in a region*
- Interregional Religions / Worldviews
- New Religious Movements (NRM)
- Other ideological associations
Textual / Conceptual Context
- Comparative literature on religious texts*
- Literature on ethnic religions
- Criticism of religion, non-religion, atheism, etc.
- Debates (e.g. Religion vs. Science